Date:
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Time:
10:03 PM
Coffee.Talk

"Behind everything beautiful, there has been some kind of pain."
"We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ~ Dr. SeussHave I told you the reason why I love coffee so much?
It is not because it keeps me awake,
It is not because I'm addicted to caffeine,
It is because there is something adult about coffee, which invoke the inner child in me.
It is because there is a sense of belonging and sensuality that comes out from the bittersweet aroma.
It is because it has been a sexy habit for the past 12 years.
And, today, I found someone who loves coffee for the same reasons as me.
I am excited, won't you?
I mean, what are the odds?
We talked about those days when simplicity rules,
When planning an all-day trip is happiness,
When finally getting that CD you wanted so badly calls for a celebration, and 3 hours of conversation over the phone,
When burying your face into your favorite person's neck is one of the best feeling in the world.
When having someone tells you they misses you is contentment.
Those were what we live for. Then.
And now?
We talked about now, and it only got us both a little melancholy.
We then talked about our lives over the past few weeks, then the past few months, and lastly the past few years.
We wondered, we questioned, how much have things have changed if we didn't do this, if we didn't do that, if we haven't met the other person, or what we could have done then.
All the what ifs, could have and should be has made us so dizzy, we ordered another cup of latte, mine with Vanilla added.
Then there was the question, "What do you live for?"
I can't force a smile, not because I don't want to, it was because there were only the 2 of us in that lonely cafe, I didn't want to play pretend.
I replied, "Can I give you a not so updated answer?"
I lived for the lazy mornings when I wake up on my own, without the alarm clock.
I lived for the afternoons when I randomly look at the time and it's 16:07, that's my birth date.
I lived for late night coffee sessions, like tonight, having long conversations of everything, or nothing.
I lived for the moments when someone holds me tight and ask me not to leave.
I lived for the songs that tells my life story.
I lived for rainy days when I could snuggle up and read a good book, or take a cat nap.
I lived for love, cus' it's the people that are complicated.
I was simple.
Love,
M
P/S: And one day, I will kiss under the Eiffel Tower and maybe never come back.