Date:
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Time:
8:42 PM
Reminder

"Hope is a waking dream."
Caught in the moment,
Self-Denial,
Obsession.
How often do we forget those small things that remind us of how some things might not be as bad as it seems?
Too often.
Too often, we hurt too much, for too long, we neglect the things and the people that make us smile just a little brighter.
For me, it will be my lazy cat, Captain Bobby, who likes to sleep on my pillow, just right above my head every night.
And those crazy polaroid photos hanging on my wall, snapped during those 'Wonder Years'.
Friends who care, who sent me random text messages, spend time listening to my constant rants and meaningless grumbles.
And of course, the daily cup of freshly grind morning coffee to kick start my day.
They make me smile. And that I must not forget, not neglect.
This reminds me of what Lefty said that made me burst out laughing the other day when he attempted to cheer me up via text -
"Memory - all alone in the moonlight. I can smile at the old days,I was beautiful then."Inside joke.
It might not mean anything to anyone else, but it indeed made me forget my issues for a moment.
And for that moment, I thought to myself, maybe, it wasn't as bad as I want myself to believe it is.
Sunflowers.
Nice smelling people.
Note books.
Cozy Cafés.
Odd numbers.
Music.
The pain is still lingering like a bad aftertaste, that I can't deny, but I mustn't forget all these, they might just remind me to breathe a little.
What put a smile on your face?
Love,
M